Ezine Serving the Mid-Atlantic Region of SCBWI
Each quarter there were so many amazing books being published! So many awards being won! So many industry professionals to learn from! And I attempted to capture it all in our SCBWI newsletter! A maddening thing to attempt for a volunteer, but I tried. Hearing our members express appreciation and gratitude many issues over, made it worthwhile.
I was blown away when as a thank you the amazing Meg Medina had her publisher send me a copy of her lovely book EVELYN DEL REY IS MOVING AWAY, and when the talented Jacqueline Jules did something likewise! How cool is that!
Curating the content for an amazing SCBWI publication for five years!
Our final issue--the Fall 2021 Highlighter--includes:
- a fun article about school visits with Tom Angleberger
- a partnership piece with coauthors Wendy Shang and Madelyn Rosenberg
- an author spotlight on Kathryn Erskine
- a Meet-the-Artist segment with Robert Meganck
- an article by Gabriella Aldeman about our members' books being produced for the stage and screen
- a craft article by me about lessons learned from watching the reality show Chopped, and so much more!
Find it for download below!